Request Audio Description
Step 1- View the schedule of described performances and movies on the right sidebar of each page of this website or on the Audio Description Performance Schedule page.
Step 2 - Contact the box office of the venue at which you would like to see an audio described performance to let them know you'd like to purchase tickets and utilize the descriptive service.
Step 3 - When you arrive at the theatre look for Arts Access' Audio Description table in the lobby to pick up your headset and get any further instruction.
Note - Some venues offer Audio Description for specific performances while others offer services by request. See notes on the Audio Description Performance Schedule page for more details.
Venues that set a regular Audio Description calendar collaborate with Arts Access to figure out what days and times would be best to offer the service. Key factors in choosing those set dates include:
- Tickets for certain performances are less expensive than other days, thus enabling more people to attend
- Certain performances take place at times when there is better public transportation
The likelihood that the venue can provide you with descriptive services or an interpreter increase if:
- You give at least two weeks' notice
- You are flexible as to which date you can attend
- You follow-through and attend the performance as requested
- When possible, you find additional users prior to your request
We have audio described multiple works of public art and can describe art in your area! Contact us if you are interested in audio description of public art for more information.
YOU have to ADVOCATE for your own needs!
You have rights and those include the right to request reasonable accommodations that allow you to participate in the arts.