For Performing Arts Organizations (Plays, Musicals, Opera, Ballet, Staged Events) and Museums
Providing Audio Description (AD) allows programming to reach another new and extremely appreciative audience. Select from one of the options below to schedule Audio Description services.
To request Audio Description Services for your organization please complete the Audio Description Intake Form to request a quote. If you are requesting Audio Description Service (AD) for the first time, and need assistance completing the form, please contact Tamar Harris Warren, the Audio Description Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Recommended) Option 1: Pre-Scheduling Audio Description for a specific show and actively promoting and marketing that show to the community on your website.
The Advantages of Pre-Scheduling (AD):
- You can budget for the service
- Arts Access availability guarantee
- You can enhance your marketing to include performance date/time information
- Arts Access promotes your Audio Described events to support your marketing
- You may not have any users.
Option 2: Audio Description (AD) by Request: You advertise /market that you provide Audio Description by request to ticket holders and require two weeks notice. You schedule (AD) with Arts Access once a ticket holder makes the request.
- You only use AD when it is needed.
- Harder to budget for;
- Arts Access Describers may not be available for the date requested if we have already booked another event on the requested date (most likely during the holidays).
Step 2 – Contact the box office of the venue at which you would like to attend an audio described performance to let them know you’d like to purchase tickets and utilize the descriptive service.
Step 3 – When you arrive at the theatre find Arts Access’ Audio Description table in the lobby to pick up your headset and get any further instruction.
Note – Some venues offer Audio Description for specific performances while others offer services by request.
Thanks to our Grantors!